Responsible Tourism Statement – Fox Glacier TOP 10 Holiday Park
Our mission is to provide an enjoyable stay for you, our guest, with with the least possible impact on the environment. Our guiding principles are Kaitiakitanga and Manaakitanga; to care for, protect and manage this piece of New Zealand.
We aim to preserve the natural beauty of this Holiday Park and the wider area in order that future generations may enjoy it as we do today. This means carefully meeting the needs of today while giving thought to the needs of tomorrow. We would be grateful if you assisted us in taking care of our piece of New Zealand.
What We Are Doing
Energy & Water Saving
- In addition to building energy efficient facilities and buildings, we are installing devices that reduce the amount of electricity and water used in the Holiday Park.
- Waste management stations are located throughout the Holiday Park to encourage the responsible disposal of rubbish.
- We are actively involved in maintaining our protected trees and planting new gardens within the Holiday Park.
- We actively donate and support local schools, community based clubs and activities. This enables us to give back & support community initiatives.
What You Can Do
Energy & Water Saving
- Turn off lights and electrical appliances when not in use.
- Re-use towels by drying them on our clothes lines.
- Pull the cover back over the spa when not in use.
- Close doors during cold weather to keep heat in.
- Limit the amount of time you spend in the shower.
- Sort your rubbish and recycling correctly.
- Leave unwanted magazines and books in the Holiday Park library for others to enjoy.
- Look after our trees and gardens.
- Be respectful of the Holiday Park facilities & fellow guests.
- Walk into town when appropriate.
- Take only photos & leave only footprints.
What is the most important thing in the world? He tangata, he tangata, he tangata. People, people, people.
The Tiaki Promise
Tiaki means to care for people and place. New Zealand is precious, and everyone who lives and travels here has a responsibility to look after it. The Tiaki Promise is a commitment to care for New Zealand, for now and for future generations. This involves:
- Caring for land, sea and nature, treading lightly and leaving no trace.
- Travelling safely, showing care and consideration for all
- Respecting culture, travelling with an open heart and mind
By following the Tiaki Promise, you are making a commitment to New Zealand. To act as a guardian, protecting and preserving our home.
Nau Mai, Haere Mai Ki Aotearoa, Welcome to New Zealand.
In New Zealand, an estimated 828 million single-use plastic bottles are thrown away per year. That’s about 168 each, totalling 165 Olympic swimming pools! This all contributes to the plastic pollution in our oceans and even gets into the fish we eat.
Refill NZ aims to make refilling with tap water the new norm – by making free water more freely available.
Participating businesses have a Refill NZ sticker in their window – to show that they are a Refill station and you’re welcome to come on in and fill up your bottle – for free!
So, fill up your water bottles with some of our gorgeous H2O and lets reduce the amount of plastic pollution on our planet. You don’t even have to be staying in our Holiday Park, just call into reception and ask one of our friendly team where you can fill up your bottles. Bottoms up peeps!